ECM-XD, based on Xybion’s Digital Platform (XDP), provides a single, secure cloud platform architected to integrate end-to-end enterprise processes and content to create a true Digital Workspace for all stakeholders to holistically manage the organization’s internal and external digital information mesh to deliver fast ROI.
- Content Ecosystem Management
XD-ECM manages the entire digital ecosystem for the organization by allowing the capture of various types of structured and unstructured content, documents and images.
- Document Assets
The embedded content management system not only provides the typical DMS functionality but also provides auto-filing of documents collected during workflows which drastically cuts time when managing vast amounts of documents. Document versioning, history, security, multiple document filing views, and search capabilities ensure that documents can be controlled in accordance with the organization’s compliance objectives.
- Rich Media Assets
With XD-ECM rich media assets, such as pictures and video can be stored, managed and retrieved easily. Images can be embedded within the business process forms and uploaded with the records.
Metatags and Indexing Management Structured and unstructured content with metatags can be stored and the information are indexed for easy search and retrieval. As an example, the indexing includes full text search over the content contained in file types such as Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc.
Content Services Management
XD-ECM provides the capacity, with its content services management, to seamlessly upload, process and distribute content assets in accordance with prescribed rules. These features streamline the manual management of content within the organization.
- Document Uptake (migration)
XD-ECM supports the automated uploading of documents into the repository via an e-mail drop. In addition, auto-filing from the processes (workflows) within the Digital Workplace allows each document to be filing in the repository under the correct file structure and with the appropriate tags and security. Migration tools and Xybion’s Vital Path suite also provide the ability to upload large quantities of documents a single time or through a connector with other content repository systems.
- Scanning and Image Management
Scanned documents and images can be easily e-mailed to the system for upload. The Digital Workplace processes have capabilities to embed the uploaded images in the form (for example, an inspection sheet or medical diagnostic image). Hot spot management of images allows for further drill down for data inputs using an image as a “GPS” to ease user navigation and entry.
- Web publishing
XD-ECM allows metadata and documents to be published to update a company’s website automatically. The publishing works with the life cycle compliance management to ensuring content is published and withdrawn at the appropriate time.
Value Chain Connectivity
The value chain refers to upstream suppliers, partners and downstream customers/consumers who are impacts by the enterprise’s operations. In also includes regulators, employees, management and shareholders. The digital workplace utilizes an integration framework to connect these stakeholders in a secure, cloud-based solution to empower the collaboration of people, streamline business processes and capitalize on existing information assets.
Cloud-based collaboration features empower the external and internal stakeholders to connect, communicate and have transparency to critical information. The granular security and dashboard configurability promotes a role-based user experience while ensuring privacy and data protection. Discussion forums and chat capabilities allow real-time communications for enhanced productivity in a geographically dispersed workforce. Authorized users can collaborate on processes, including simultaneously dropping documents into an upload box, which can contain pre-authorized security settings.
- Offline Workplace
The Digital Workplace also provides the Offline Workplace so users can work in a variety of offline scenarios and synch the data with the system at a later time. The offline workplace allows remote internal users and authorized contractors to download relevant process information to their laptops and fill forms offline. These forms can be exported and filled in excel or printed for situations where computers are not allowed. The collaborative feature, audit trail, and history allow for multiple concurrent auditors, for example, to conduct their work offline and re-sync their information when connected to the network.
With the integration framework and associated tools, the Digital Workplace Solution is seamlessly extensible to enterprise systems and applications. It allows external and internal stakeholders to collaborate and have access to their business-critical data from the value-chain information mesh in an agile way.
In addition, the process rules, security, faceted search capability, powerful query builder and report capabilities allow data to be retrieved at the right time by the appropriate people, which can include partners, external service providers and other stakeholders via secured solution and mobile platforms. It drastically cuts time when managing vast amounts of documents and can be configured to prompt users to add the right type of documentation at the correct step. Even with file “heavy” processes, the intelligent tagging of content metadata to allow auto-filing in the content structure along with full text searches and smart views allows customers to find documents rapidly.
Many document management systems require you to adapt your business processes to fit the software. Xybion believes this should be the other way around—the software should be adaptable to your business processes. ECM-XD fully supports the way YOU work; your processes – your way. The key platform features allow for a single, out-of-the box yet highly configurable solution to holistically manage compliance related information across an organization’s entire value chain. Just a few of the platform features include:
Partial list of key features and functions in the ECM module:
- Powerful, customized Dashboards: Purpose-built, configurable information views based on role, Task management, Recent Activities, Roll-up information, favorites, Each widget securable, Charts, graphs, trendlines, Drill-down diagrams, Location-based data,
- Templates and Forms: XDP’s Document Management System (DMS) allows documents templates to be created and used as needed to be filed into a user-configurable hierarchical “folder” taxonomy. This taxonomy supports setting document permissions at a higher level if desired.
- Check-in/check-out, versioning, rendering, approval, search and expiring document tracking capabilities with full text search and retrieval: Provides controlled, secure access and flexible revision capabilities. Work-flow allows documents to be routed for review, approval and distribution. Ability to capture, record, edit, track and update classification and retention of information on all documents.
- Linking of workflows and documents: Documents and other workflows are organized by “Your Process-Your Way” – such as by departments, location, document type, claims number, job types, etc. Documents can be routed through all applicable reviewers and approved in a controlled manner.
- Audit Trail and visualizing status: Comprehensive audit trails support compliance. Visual status indicators alert users to the status of a document at a glance.
- Automatic PDF Conversion: Flexibility to specify automatic PDF conversion for any document in the repository.
- Creation, storage and retrieval of information in multiple formats, and ability to drag and drop documents and automate digitization
- Ability to receive documents in multiple formats:Paper, e-fax , SFTP, e-mail attachments. Drop the documents into a drive like Google Drive or Drop-box and digitize through an automated OCR process. Keep detailed history of all changes.
- Attach associated documents and record for the defined task fields and workflows; visualize records and workflows together: Documents, records, tasks and workflows can be associated and/or as-signed to a user or user group. Monitor status of individual tasks on a searchable monitoring panel.
- Dual ID/password; non-biometric e-signatures; time out security expiration: Enforces the uniqueness of each user ID and password combination for authentication. Supports the use of e-signatures comprised of a secure user ID/password combination.
- Tagging on content, metadata, documents and records: Each user can configure private tags on documents in order to find them more rapidly.
- Task management:link with email: document tasks are sent to a centralized workload engine and notifications of status and other events are distributed to the user’s e-mail to facilitate timely completion of critical document activities.
- Full electronic signature manifestation: All electronic records include full signature manifestation including print-ed name of signer, time/date stamp and meaning of signature.
- Document hyperlinks: Allows users to embed internal document hyperlinks to support key regulatory processes requiring internal document links.
- Quality: XDP conforms to ISO 9001:2008 Quality management systems – Requirements, Clause 4.2.4, p. 11 ensuring that records remain legible, readily identifiable and retrievable. In addition, XDP can enforce procedures for record identification, storage, protection, retrieval, retention time and disposition (disposal).
- Bulk changes across documents and bulk import/export: Smart tags allows bulk changes across multiple documents, assuring that the same changes are made across all documents. Meta data tags allows bulk import and exports.
- Support for controlled and uncontrolled documents: Allows users to specify if documents are controlled or uncontrolled for good corporate governance.
- Comprehensive document security: Robust, configurable security model that allows security profiles to be applied based on document lifecycle stages.
- Active Directory Integration, E-mail integration, API and Integration Framework for Connectors for Device/Instruments. Both push and pull allowed the targeted master system to retain control over its data
- Multi-lingual capability, Bar code readers, Integrated touchless phone calls, Touch screen enabled system, Mobile enabled, Voice over command for data entry and sending texts
- Configurable document properties: Easily configure document attributes to facilitate search and retrieval as well as document accessibility.
- Skill and Training Record Management: The skill/competency and training record management solution is a web-based solution that allows organizations to comply with current training regulations by identifying all the required skills and needed training per each job role. Manage, track and report against online training, offline training, classroom training sessions and all other training activities. Provides online examinations and extensive management reporting for easy assessment of an individual’s performance and the evaluation of overall training effectiveness.